Do you buy anything from the market before checking it? Also, do you hire an employee without knowing about on him/her? So, why not learn about candidates before electing them!
Some candidates have a clean history, while some may be frauds. Some may look sweet, but looks can be deceiving.
There maybe some cons out there, who are waiting to get a seat in the legislature. Be aware of any candidate like that.
Candidates have to be open about their life. As voters, it is our duty to learn about candidates.
These are some points to note before electing a candidate:
- Candidate Details
- Find out his/her family background, past records and history.
- Also, look for any suspicious stories about him.
- Research about his earlier candidature if any. So, that you can inquire about him/her from that area.
- Campaign and Work
- See whether the candidate has done any social work.
- Also, make sure he/she is fit as a politician and possess the leadership qualities.
- Are the campaigns appealing enough? Can the candidate fulfill your demands?
- Thus, ask the above questions to yourself.
- Information on Political Parties
- Find out if any party is linked to some scam.
- At times, parties tend to tell lies to gain votes.
- Also, research about their earlier campaigns & candidates.
- If you find anything illegal about the party, rethink about your decisions.
- Criminal Records
- Many candidates tend to have a criminal history.
- Sometimes, candidates cheat with fake certificates and degrees.
- Earlier, there had been discussions about such candidates at the national level.
- Find out his/her involvement in any unethical activities.
- So, beware of frauds and criminals.
- Political Views
- Firstly, check if your political views match with that of the candidate.
- If you agree with the candidate, they deserve your vote.
- Candidate’s views should not be racist, sexist or offensive to any religion.
- His/her views and ideology should not lead to any communal riots.
- So, keep an eye out on all these factors.
- Fake News
- Stay away from fake news about any candidate.
- Do not believe anything you hear, so confirm the news.
- Whatsapp forwards can be true or false, so beware.
- If you feel there is no deserving candidate, then you always have NOTA option.
- NOTA means ‘None Of The Above’, so you can opt this option in such cases.
- Recently, this option was added in the voting system.
- News Updates
- Look out for any breaking news in the past and present. So, if you find anything good or bad about the candidate it’ll be helpful.
- Also, keep updating yourself about current affairs and political news.
SHARE this blog with all the potential voters out there!
Remember, learn about candidates and then vote!
Check out the blog section.