Democracy simply means people’s rule. The citizens of a country decide the legislature by voting.
So, it can be described in several ways.
Lincoln described it as “The government of the people, by the people, for the people.”
India is known for its Democracy, where people decide for themselves,
There is no dictatorship or monarchy in our country, so freedom prevails.
Here is a short summary of what our country India represents!
- Democratic Values
- Constitution of India
- Protection of Freedom & Civil liberty
- Equality & the Right to Vote
- Human rights
- Rule of Majority
- 5 Democratic Principles:-
- Two types of democracies
- Direct democracy: In this the people decide the policies directly. For example, in Switzerland people have more power than the legislation.
- Representative democracy: People elect officials to represent them. For example, India & United States of America have this system.
- Political democracy
- This is the system followed in India.
- People elect representatives and demand for laws & policies.
- So, the citizens indirectly control the legislation.
- Indian political parties
- As can be seen, India has a multi-party system.
- Thus, there are parties at national & regional levels.
- Also, some state parties contest in more than one states. Whereas, most of the state parties contest only in that one state.
- Social democrats in India
- Social Democrats believe in socialism along with the economic aspects.
- There maybe a few political parties who are openly social democrats.
- So, it does not exist in a full-fledged manner in India.
- India has issues such as unemployment, poverty, inefficiency & economic stability.
SHARE this article as much as you can. So, let the citizens of India know the basics
Also, let’s proudly own the fact that we live in a Democracy, where voting decides everything.
Check out our BLOG SECTION .